She told her mommy she wanted to be baptized, Julie talked to her about it and had one if her pastors talk to her, and so she was baptized. Pretty awesome. :)
I also got to spend Tuesday with my sister for her birthday. We went shopping and then had lunch with her good friend Jamie at Applebees.
There was an Animal Control officer standing by her truck outside and we were wondering if that was a sign that we shouldn't eat there. Finally, as we were concluding our meal, the officer came into the restaurant and seemed to be looking around a bit. I was thinking "Oh great!" But it turned out that she was meeting someone for lunch. :P
Josh and I were brave and went to the Saw Grass Mall on Thursday. We had lunch, and of course cheesecake, at the Cheesecake Factory there. The weather was horrible that day so I'm glad we were in doors. We were exhausted by the time we got home and then I had to go to work from 4-9:30. I also had to work the next day from 9:30-4 and then went to the Evangelism Explosion Banquet.
Around 700 people showed up to the banquet! I almost didn't go because I didn't have that great of a day, but I'm glad I attended. My father-in-law interviewed 3 men over Skype for all of us to hear and see. The men were from China, India, and some country ending with -stan (he had a Russian-ish accent) respectively.
The key speaker at the banquet was author Bruce Wilkinson, and man he got to the point. Calm enough for the Presbyterians in the audience and on fire enough for the Pentecostals!
It's a fund raising banquet, and he definitely raised some funds. And the ministry needs it. As the man from India said, 'We have many people willing to go, even to die to tell people about the Gospel, but we need the resources to send them." But 1 Banquet did not solve the financial situations for EE in China, India, and blahblahstan. Although I can tell you it's not from lack of the speaker trying. He wasn't just trying to raise some funds, he was literally challenging a family (with the resources) to give enough to cover what is needed in India. Unfortunately, that didn't happen.
Lol, sorry for preaching. I told you he spoke well :P Here's EE International's website if you care to know more:
http://www.eeinternational.org
ANYWAY, On Saturday we went over to my Grandparents' house for pizza. Grandma's son Mike and his family were down for a vacation from Canada. Julie and Becky came over too. It was nice to spend some time with them and for them to meet Josh.
Spring Break was too short, but it was nice to spend time with people. :)
Oh and Happy Birthday to Jake! He turned 2 yesterday. :) <3
No comments:
Post a Comment