Monday, January 17, 2011

*Emmy's Creative Corner*

So, my sister-in-law Jenna showed me the most awesome thing and now my brain won't stop thinking about the possibilities!  I must share it with the world!

I don't really know how to explain, so I shall just show you.
How to make your own fabric wall decals!
And here's an example of just one of the hundreds of possibilities...

Jenna made a small bird with some fabric, and had the wing made of a different fabric and it was just so cute!  It sticks to the wall using a corn starch mix, and apparently comes off when you want it to really easily.  Any excess starch comes off with warm water.


************************************************************
      Ever wonder, "What the heck am I going to do with all these Christmas cards people sent me?... I don't want to just trow them away..."  Well, here are just a few ideas.  I particularly like the idea of making gift tags or book marks (so, don't be surprised if you get one with this year's Christmas letter...).  In elementary school, we made place mats similar to the ones on page 2.

This Christmas Star idea is cool too!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked the little bird so much! Here's the one that first inspired me: http://sewingforscarlett.blogspot.com/2010/02/tutorial-fabric-wall-decal.html
    I've meant to do some more little birds, but haven't gotten there yet. I just used a bird clip art image that I like for a pattern - or you could freehand it!

    ReplyDelete